- The introduction into the professional and/or academic field makes the education more attractive and relevant. Students can develop professional attitudes, learn relevant content and competencies necessary for starting professionals. Focus will be on complex learning.
- Students learn how to use the content in authentic professional problems, cases and issues. By doing this the gap between theory and the practice in the working/academic field will decrease.
- Transfer of knowledge is difficult and requires a great deal of exercising in different contexts.
- Students will be prepared during their study for lifelong learning.
- The selection of competencies is decided by the university in cooperation with the professional or academic field.
- Theory, skills, professional attitudes, competencies are integrated in learning activities.
- Students are enabled to build a repertoire of solved cases. (Crucial in problem based learning.)
- Students should be involved in innovative projects and study relevant developments in the discipline.