STIKes has decided to introduce Moodle and other ICTedu-tools in the STIKes-curricula. This application of ICT is called Blended learning.
Definition Blended learning:
- Use of ICT in your regular (F2F= face to face) education
- Is a combination of on-line learning, F2F education and self-study
- Information based learning used to enrich the traditional education
There are many variations in Blended Learning, because of
- The many different ICT-applications, still growing in number and quality.
- The aims or objectives of the course.
- The number of ICT, self-study and F2F-activities.
- The type of students and disciplines.
- The budget, the country, etc.
Crucial: you have to make a right blend of learning activities.
More information about the possibilities and the use of ICTedu-tools can be found in the post ICT in Higher Education