Examples of Open Educational Resources (OER).
- Example Technical University Delft (Biology)
- The George Washington University. The School of Nursing)
Example of MOOC courses (you have to register first; in most cases, it will be for free)):
Some other posts about MOOC on this website MOOC (massive open-line courses)
- Moodle MOOC (how to use Moodle)
- Examples: Duke University (Health)
- Example of Hopkins University
- MIT (Physiology of the Ear)
See also an overview of ICT possibilities in higher education.:
MOOC-list providers, What is a MOOC-Educause, Mooc List Health, MOOCs Health Informatics Forum, TUDelft Online Education OER: Open Education Consortium, Open Educational Resources (OER), OER for nursing, Educational portal technology, MOOC Infection, iTunes Free courses: iTunes U, Merlot.
Students, besides the formal curriculum, can follow these courses. The courses could also be combined with the formal lessons.
Other examples can be found through Google. Look for MOOC or Open Educational Resources.