April 29, 2020, Website Tony Bates
At the request of the Commonwealth of Learning, I (this is: Tony Bates)have, with their help, developed 12 short videos introducing the main themes of my open, online textbook, Teaching in a Digital Age.
These are now available from YouTube, as follows (click on each title for the url):
- Skills needed in a digital age (11 mins 39 secs)
- Online learning and teaching methods (9 minutes 58 secs)
- Implementing online learning (15 minutes 39 secs)
- Understanding the learners (12 mins 03 secs)
- Theories of learning (14 mins 30 secs)
- Learner support (15 mins 19 secs)
- Choosing media (12 mins 56 secs)
- Assessment strategies (20 mins 28 secs)
- Quality (8 mins 19 secs)
- Trends on open learning (11 mins 8 secs)
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) (9 mins 11 secs)
- Emerging technologies (13 mins 35 secs).
The Commonwealth of Learning (CoL) plans to make these available to their member states, and will also turn them into an open microlearning credential. (I will post further details when I receive them from CoL. In the meantime, click here for more information from CoL.)